About the symposium
The Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): The State of the Art Symposium is being convened by the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre at Victoria University.
The symposium will:
- provide an intensive and experiential learning opportunity for strategic decision makers in Australia interested in ODR as a mechanism for improving efficiency and access to justice through technology
- showcase, and critically review, the variety of ODR approaches and technologies being adopted nationally and internationally
- create a network of practitioners and policy makers with a specialist interest in developing ODR in Australia.
Who should attend
Attendance at the symposium is by invitation only.
Invitees will include:
- members of the judiciary
- court and tribunal members and administrators
- complaint handling agencies
- IT managers
- policy advisers
- others making strategic decisions about the introduction of smart and competitive technologies to promote greater efficiency and access to justice.